Population Health and Prevention Conference 2018
The Population Health and Prevention Network are delighted to invite you to attend their conference, ‘Building capacity and capability to deliver population health and prevention agendas: Health Education England’s role in prevention’ on Wednesday 7th March 2018 at the Queens Hotel, Leeds.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Demonstrate how HEE is contributing to the prevention agenda, focussing on collaborative and cross-system work with the aim of scalability;
- Demonstrate how HEE is building public health capacity and capability across the health and care workforce;
- Demonstrate how HEE is developing the core and wider public health workforce;
- Showcase work done outside HEE by providing a platform for showcasing non-HEE activity around workforce development and education and training related to public health;
- Expand HEE’s public health network.
The following themes have also been identified:
- Delivering the prevention agenda at scale
- Building workforce capacity and capability
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Sepsis
- Mental health promotion and mental illness prevention
- Workplace wellbeing
This conference will be aimed at public health practitioners and specialists, commissioners of public health services, commissioners of education and training, educators and those involved in local transformation work through sustainability and transformation plans (STPs). We are also keen to engage with those who are working on prevention agendas within local communities.
You are invited to register for the conference via the link below. Please feel free to circulate the invitation to your colleagues and networks.
The network are also offering the opportunity to showcase work through poster presentations. Please see attached the guidelines for further information about abstract submission. Abstracts will be considered by our workshop leads and selected for presentation in the form of printed posters. We look forward to receiving your abstract and supporting you in showcasing your work.
The team hope that you can attend. Please do not hesitate to contact them (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any queries around the booking process.